Altair OptiStruct is a general finite element analysis code with comprehensive analysis solutions for linear and nonlinear static analysis, buckling, eigenvalue analysis, NVH (noise and vibration), Component Modal Synthesis (CMS), thermal analysis and fatigue. It is the world leading structural optimization solution. OptiStruct serves over two thousand companies worldwide for analysis and simulation-driven design.
Altair OptiStruct covers a broad range of thermal analysis including steady state (linear and nonlinear), transient (linear and nonlinear), coupled thermal-mechanical analysis, thermal fluid-structure interaction (TFSI). Based on Finite Element Analysis (FEA), these analyses can also be used for designing structures using topology, shape and sizing optimization. The current opening is to further broaden OptiStruct’s thermal vertical coverage including expanded nonlinear considerations, radiation, axisymmetry, Multiphysics (including mapping over non-matching meshes), optimization supporting convection, radiation, nonlinearities, TFSI, new thermal design responses (ex: average temperature, temperature differential, uniformity of temperature), sensitivity analysis etc.
What You Will Do:
- To develop and validate algorithms supporting thermal simulations in pure thermal, thermo-mechanical, thermal fluid-structural interactions, as well as other Multiphysics settings (ex: thermo-electro-mechanical).
- To derive any and all necessary mathematical formulations mainly using the Finite Element Method (FEM), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) etc.
- Sensitivity Analysis and Optimization particularly for thermal optimization.
- Must be able to program with Fortran and/or C++
- Work with a large code.
- Develop test problems for Quality Assurance of developed software features.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in small teams with little or no supervision is a must
- Follow an established process that ensures uninterrupted workflow for all members of the development team.
What You Will Need:
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Radiation and View Factor Calculations
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Nonlinear and transient analyses
- Programming knowledge with Fortran and C++.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Ability to handle large code
- Knowledge of multi-physics simulation is a plus
- MS or PhD in Mechanical, Civil or Aerospace Engineering
- Programming experience
- Thermal Analysis
- Thermal Design Optimization
- Experience with HyperMesh, OptiStruct, or other CAE products
- Radiation and other advanced Thermal Analyses