UK or Europe Based with Remote Working Option
Formed as a spinout of the University of Oxford by cryptography researchers and specialists, PQShield has unrivalled domain expertise in the design and implementation of quantum-resistant cryptography for software and hardware applications.
PQShield is a major contributing participant to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Post-Quantum Standardisation Process.
At PQShield, we help customers transition their product lines from legacy RSA and Elliptic Curve cryptography to quantum-secure standards by offering ready-made and tailored IP for secure elements, IoT firmware, PKI and server technologies, and end-user applications.
Our corporate social responsibility centres around making sure our products are used in a constructive and positive way – we would like to think that our products will contribute to the greater good rather than be just another money-making commodity.
About the role
PQShield is looking for an experienced Verification Engineer to expand our cryptographic hardware IP team. Candidates should hold a degree in Electronic Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent. We hope that you have at least 5 years of experience, but also an open, research-oriented mindset.
The company is not too old, so you would be directly working with the founders and inventors of this deep tech startup. However the technology is already a couple of years in the making, its feasibility having been established, funding secured, and it has a clear path to market. This is a great opportunity to make career progress and to get a head start in a rapidly expanding segment of the semiconductor industry (Post-Quantum Cryptography and RISC-V).
Our IP components come together as a RISC-V MCU based Sub-system with advanced (post-quantum) cryptography algorithm support and security features.
What you’ll be doing
- Definition of IP Verification plan linking product requirements through to detailed testcases
- Create reliable and reusable testbench for subsystems and IPs
- Develop state of the art digital verification methodology
- Hands-on project design/verification involvement
- Degree or equivalent in Electronics/Computer Science or other related discipline
- Metric driven verification – Verification planning, requirements extraction – Directed and constrained random verification – Functional and code coverage analysis
- SystemVerilog – SVA (SystemVerilog Assertions)
- Formal verification and verification qualification techniques
- Testbench design with verification frameworks like UVM/OVM, e, VMM
- Object oriented programming (OOP) – Use of OOP design patterns
- Experience with standard EDA Verification Tool flows , Synopsys , Cadence etc
- Common Bus protocols (e.g. AMBA), co-processors, hardware-software co-design
- Scripting experience with sh/csh, TCL, Make, Python
- Debugging skills – RTL – Testbench, OOP – Gate level (including SDF)
- An innovative, creative, lateral thinking problem solver
Nice to have
- C cross-compiler and co-design familiarity, (ARM, RISC-V) assembler
- Microprocessor/SoC architecture, ISA design
- Knowledge of Cryptographic Algorithms and Protocols
- Knowledge of Industry standard SoC Security Architectures
- Tamper resistance, Side-Channel Security Countermeasures
- Secure elements, Smart Cards, FIPS 140, Common Criteria
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary.
- EMI share option scheme.
- Flexible & remote working, and a working from home budget.
- Private health insurance for yourself and your family.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- 50% gym membership discount.
- The chance to work with a really nice, smart and friendly team!
PQShield is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We’re passionate about talent and proud to foster an inclusive environment; all applicants will be considered regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit pqshield.com.