Job ID #: 18226
Job Category: Hardware Engineering
Employment Type: Graduates
Division: Central Engineering – Systems
Department: Central Engineering – Systems Engineering
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Manchester
If you have a smartphone, digital camera, digital TV, gaming console or a smart meter at home, you’ve already used an Arm Powered product. Over 125 Arm Powered products are shipped every second and over 35 billion Arm technology-based chips have been shipped to date, making us the world’s leading semiconductor Intellectual Property (IP) supplier.
We have numerous teams in the Manchester office engaged in all the various activities required to bring Arm based systems to markets as diverse as Mobile, Automotive, Machine Learning and Server Infrastructure. These range from creating the necessary software tools required to verify systems, to architecting, designing and verifying system components, to synthesising and implementing them in silicon.
You will preferably be studying at a University or Engineering School, in Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science . Other science graduates/students with relevant experience will be considered.
The systems we are developing are challenging in both the area of hardware design and software, requiring an enthusiasm for science and technology as a whole. You will find that you are encouraged to find solutions wherever such a challenge presents itself so this will test your ingenuity and ability to work in an autonomous manner as well as part of a cohesive team.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent written and spoken English communication, capable of writing coherent reports, influencing and building consensus
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively
- Good inter-personal skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
The following skills would be nice to have:
- Experience of Verilog, SystemVerilog or VHDL
- HDL synthesis design knowledge
- Perl, Python or other scripting language
- Familiarity of Unix/Linux working environment
- High-level programming experience in an Object Oriented language such as C/C++
- Knowledge of microprocessor, ASIC systems
- Assembly language programming, ideally in Arm assembler
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.