Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated process engineer to become part of our state of the art 300mm factory.
The individual will be responsible for process transfer, equipment planning, selection,configuration, installation, start up and volume ramp for CMP, copper plating and related processes. The role also involves establishing the process engineering related business processes and standard operating procedures (SOP) necessary to run the tools in production, as well as their documentation. Furthermore the engineer should be capable of creating training materials and perform the training for shift technicians. The timely realization of the ramp up
plan requires very close interaction with all internal and external stakeholders and close working relationship with equipment suppliers. As a team player, the candidate needs good interaction with Process Integration, Manufacturing, Technology Development team and Vendor/Suppliers. After the equipment start and ramp up, the individual would be responsible or daily sustaining activities and process engineering tasks including performance tracking, equipment matching and continuous improvement. A good working knowledge of Statistical
Process Control (SPC), Structured Problem Solving skills and Failure Mode & Effect Analytical (FMEA) methods would be essential. The candidate needs to perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety and Security requirements and programs. The position will be located at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in Malta, New York, and
report to the Fab8 CMP Process Engineering Manager.
• B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline is required.
• Minimum of 7 years of Semiconductor process engineering experience in CMP, copper plating and related processes preferably in 300mm wafer Fab.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience with design of experiment techniques (DOE), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Defect analysis and data analysis.
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemical/Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline.
• Experience in advanced technology (45nm or below).
• Excellent technical problem solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and a self-starter.
• Demonstrated ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment.
• Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies.
• Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
• A good team player.
• Individuals will be and must be able to understand complex automated systems and human interactions.
• Individuals must be well versed in all Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint …).
• Experience with data query and data analysis and well versed in using tools such as SQL, SAS, JMP, MINITAB, MATLAB etc.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.