In 2010 Samtec began investing in Microelectronics and has now emerged as a technology leader in advanced glass-based packages. As we build on our glass core technologies, our continued success requires we expand the depth and range of our technical teams through talented experts. We see great things ahead for our Glass Core Technology group as we drive our exciting development roadmap with talented people, in sync with emerging markets:
- Through Glass Via (TGV) Metallization
- Breakthrough Integration to Redistribution Layer (RDL) circuit formation
- Tomorrow’s advanced glass packages and application.
- Candidates with solar based paste, and ink/paste development experience are encouraged to apply.
For more information, check us out at www.samtec.com/microelectronics
- Our Materials Scientist will be responsible for developing innovative solutions using various materials sets to support our GCT technologies.
- We are seeking a highly motivated and creative individual with a strong scientific background and hands-on experience in metallurgy (Copper (Cu), Gold (Au), Silver (Ag), Nickel (Ni), and highly conductive metals, and thick film pastes, and sintering for implementing such pastes.
- The person in this role will be responsible for developing and testing new formulations as well as devising application-specific test vehicles to validate that key requirements are met.
- In addition, this candidate will be responsible for performing research to design innovative formulation concepts in-line with customer’s requirements for sintering pastes, run tests and studies.
- Develop thorough understanding of paste materials, customer requirements, and support our R&D programs in developing new products to create profitable growth for Samtec’s Glass Core Technology business platform.
- Develop new material formulations and support various R&D projects, run experiments, and evaluate results.
- Contribute to the generation of patents.
- Contribute to the evaluation of competitor landscape.
- Work independently on the design, execution, and interpretation of experimental results.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of experimental designs, assay development, experimental results, and data analysis.
- Support strategy for optimization of material development as needed.
- Following up on issues impacting product (e.g., deviation, SPC, etc.).
- Optimizing and testing processes.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and addressing SPC issues.
- Proven time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to communicate and present effectively.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in an appropriate scientific and technical discipline or electronic packaging depending on education level.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze, troubleshoot and overcome technical hurdles independently and methodically with minimal guidance.
- Understanding of Design of Experiments methodologies, and experience analyzing data using statistical analysis tools.
- Detail-oriented with good time management skills.
- Ability to stay proactive and cooperative working in a small team environment.
- Strong presentation and written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective computer skills in Microsoft Office suite and Outlook are preferred.
- Ability to apply fundamental theories in real engineering problem solving.
- Hands-on experience in sintering technologies and formulation.
- Fundamental understanding of standard metrology, inspection (including 3D X-Ray), and failure analysis methods and their applications.
- Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement in yield, throughput, and cost reduction, preferably in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Be detail-oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be a highly motivated, team-player with a positive attitude who is also excited about learning new skills and assisting with various projects and assignments as necessary.
- Working knowledge and understanding of, MSDS, lock-out/tag-out, and OSHA requirements.
- Hands-on approach to development work and technical problem solving.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Chemistry, Metallurgy, or Materials Science. 10+ years’ experience.
- PhD in Chemistry, Metallurgy or Materials Science with 3-5 years of experience.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.