The Glass Core Technology (GCT) Chemical / Mechanical Polishing (CMP) Technology Process Engineer will evaluate existing processes and configure manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability, improve quality, and develop best practices within the production process.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Develop CMP processes to implement and improve glass core technology, maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs, and changeovers.
- Ensure processes function at optimum cost, quality, and capacity; drive continuous improvement using structured DOEs and process window experiments, and by developing and implementing systems that optimize all phases of the production process. .
- Be actively involved in the development and implementation of the long-term improvement programs.
- Manage the cost and time constraints of projects; lead cross-functional teams in the creation of process failure mode & effects analysis (PFMEA), and update these when internal or external quality problems expose additional failure modes or insufficient detection.
- Create and maintain process control plans for internal and external customers.
- Collect and interpret data from other technical and operating staff involved.
- Perform engineering calculations applying the principles of physics and mathematics for process or equipment, including conceptual, scheme, and detail design.
- Execute all phases of DMAIC philosophy, six sigma, design of experiment, and problem-solving tools.
- Provide technical inputs for incident investigation considering an integral perspective (manpower, method, machines, materials, and measurement), documenting problem, root cause analysis and corrective action.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- 5+ years post-bachelors experience process engineering for semiconductor field
- 3+ years applying CMP and solving problems.
- Microsoft 365 background (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
- Engineering Software (Solidworks, AutoCad, JMP, Minitab)
- Six Sigma background or training
- Excellent hands-on diagnostic, troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze statistical data; familiarity with software such as JMP is preferred.
- Ability to shift focus among multiple priorities quickly.
- Be detail-oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be a highly-motivated, team-player with a positive attitude who is also excited about learning new skills and assisting with various projects and assignments as necessary.
- Working knowledge and understanding of, MSDS, lock-out/tag-out, and OSHA requirements.
- B.S. or B.A. in Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.