We are an exciting, fast-growing, and profitable Canadian/UK technology business that has raised $500m listing on the London Stock Exchange. We are looking to recruit an experienced Financial Controller, based in Bangalore, India, to support our growing Indian and US presence. The company has grown rapidly since inception 5 years ago and has recently completed the acquisition of OpenFive, adding over 300 people including an established semiconductor design team in India, our largest location by headcount.
As the head of the regional finance team, the Financial Controller will provide leadership and inspiration to the local finance team, and essential finance support to the Indian and US OpenFive entities, enhancing decision-making through the proactive provision of financial information.
This role offers an opportunity to add value in a fast-growing, multinational, leading-edge semiconductor company while growing and developing a team of talented individuals, and provides exposure to global and senior stakeholders in the business.
- Lead and develop staff to maintain high levels of morale, motivation and productivity, and ensure the team has appropriate levels of skills, resources and capacity to function effectively in a listed company environment
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day financial operations within OpenFive’s Indian and US entities, including customer invoicing, supplier payments, employee expense reimbursement and other transactions, inventory management and cost accounting, including standard costing and variance analysis
- Lead the month-end close process for both the Indian and US OpenFive entities and manage the consolidation of the Indian subsidiary, the Chinese subsidiary and the Taiwanese branch office into the US parent company, ensuring consolidated results are submitted to UK Group finance in line with strict timelines
- Ensure all local statutory audits, accounting and taxation are up to date
- Review and approve Indian and US journal entries and approve account reconciliations
- Ensure the controls of the Indian and US OpenFive entities are well documented, up to date, appropriate and implemented at all times, and ensure compliance with statutory financial regulations
- Liaise and work closely with UK Group finance to ensure full transparency, timely updates of issues and consistency of reporting
- Liaise with the Group statutory auditors for the half-year review, year-end audit and statutory accounts preparation for the OpenFive US (consolidated) entity, providing the information requested on a timely basis
- Manage treasury for the Indian and US OpenFive entities and produce a monthly cash flow statement
- Work closely with the business unit finance heads to provide inputs required for revenue recognition, budgeting and forecasting.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Recognised accounting qualification with 10 years of post-qualification experience
- Ability to demonstrate strong compliance and technical skills, specifically IFRS
- High level of computer literacy, especially Microsoft Excel
- Experience of Microsoft Great Plains would be an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results
- Very good communication skills in English (written and oral)
- Team player, with good interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong experience of team leadership and change management
- ERP implementation experience would be beneficial
- Experience of reporting into a public foreign parent company
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit openfive.com.