Summary/Objective: The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) is a vital role requiring technical expertise to identify the right solution to help Customers architect their system using bleeding edge interconnect technology from Samtec. The FAE is an important member of the Sales team responsible for delivering Samtec Sudden Service and an overall outstanding Customer Experience.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Support the Sales team through prospecting, qualification, and product design-in efforts to drive sales growth.
- Provide technical support to identify new applications and opportunities with existing and future copper and optical interconnects.
- Understand Customer technical roadmaps, visa-vi industry standards and trends, to summarize and make product solution recommendations.
- Work jointly with Samtec R&D, Product Engineering and Operations to resolve technical issues during and after design-in.
- Assist Samtec Technical Marketing with creation and editing of product documentation and sales collateral.
- Create and present in-depth training material for company internal and Customer facing engagements.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in supporting Customer designs and applications, preferably in an FAE role.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Strong knowledge of Signal Integrity and practical application to interconnect considerations.
- General understanding of system architecture, backplane and design process.
- Electronics Design, IC Packaging and Fiber Optics experience is desired.
- Established Customer relationships within the Central Region is desired.
- Project Management experience is desired.
- Experience in high-speed connector/cable and optical with 5 years is required.
- Bachelor’s or Master of Science in Electrical/Electronic Engineering and Electrical Engineering background is preferred.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.