At Codasip our Field Application Engineers play a critical role in supporting our sales managers and linking customers back to our R&D engineering teams, making sure evaluations go well and providing customer support. FAEs are responsible for building trust and long term relationships with our customers. They have to be able to get their hands dirty debugging customer problems and providing technical advice and guidance. You will be supported by technical experts in our European HQ.
Codasip’s highest value product is our Codasip Studio tool, a new way to design and customize processors, so you must excel at presenting and explaining new technologies to sceptical customers and demonstrating that our solution will help them get to market faster.
While Codasip is headquartered in Europe, our approach and culture are typical of Silicon Valley, meaning that we value prudent risk-taking and “out of the box” thinking. We are a well-funded start-up poised for dynamic growth based on our leading-edge product portfolio and therefore need our FAE team to also help us grow our market share and evangelize our technology to the semiconductor industry.
Main responsibilities include:
- Technical engagement with customers from initial prospect to closure.
- Support worldwide sales team in all sales and business development related activities.
- Develop collateral such as application notes, customer and conference presentations.
- Provide feedback and intelligence from customers to R&D for improving our products and influencing the future roadmap.
Core Skills and Competencies Required for the Field Application Engineer Role:
- Collaboration. As an FAE, you will have to collaborate with multiple teams across the business. This will often include the sales and marketing department, the engineering department, product management, sales management.
- Communication. The ability to speak and write to a high standard is crucial. You will frequently have to present new products both to customers and at conferences, telling the ‘story’ of products. You may also contribute to collateral such as application notes or training material.
- Technical credibility. You need to be trusted by customers to give impartial advice and answer their technical questions accurately.
- Organizational Skills. Individuals need to be highly organized to manage multiple tasks and customers effectively and efficiently.
- BS in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science.
- 8+ years of experience in the EDA or semiconductor IP industry.
- Prior experience as an FAE or in a customer-facing technical support role.
- Knowledge of embedded programming including Arm or RISC-V assembly code.
- Understanding of processor design, how a CPU pipeline works.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel, potentially up to 30% of the time.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit codasip.com.