To support on all facilities, safety and environmental activities.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the management of the Samtec lock- out / tag- out (LO/TO) program. Jointly perform machine risk assessments, write machine specific LO/TO instructions, procure required tooling, and perform and maintain accurate production machine inventory.
- Perform job hazard assessments of Samtec work processes.
- Control shipments of hazardous waste to ensure that all applicable laws are met.
- Manage and coordinate shipment of in-house recyclable materials.
- MSDS management; acquisition and assignment.
- Maintain various safety equipment and systems; safety stations, eyewash stations, spill kits, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Support ISO 14001 functions.
- Perform environmental & safety audits at all Samtec facilities.
- Support all Samtec facilities with the selection, purchasing and shipment of essential environmental and safety materials.
- Establish, maintain and report relevant safety/injury metrics.
- Any other job related duties as assigned by the Samtec Environmental Manager and Facility Manager.
- 3 – 5 Years’ Experience as an Environmental and/or Safety Coordinator
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Safety or related field.
- Must be Certified Safety Officer (valid) and preferably Certified Fire Safety (valid)
- Must be able to stand, lift, and walk for a prolonged period.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing/logistic environment is required.
- Both written and verbal communication skills are a must. Discussions will take place with local, state, and federal agencies regarding environmental compliance.
- Travel on a limited basis will be required.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.