How does something you do not see improve your daily life? This is what our products do and they are in your smartphones, cars, and connected objects. They make them more efficient and less energy intensive. We are passionate about innovation in technology and proud of the value we create for our customers. At Soitec, we are also in a state of transformation: cultural, managerial and digital. We want to make our company an organization where freedom of action and accountability guide our actions.
Do you want to change things, test new ideas? If so, what are you waiting for? It is time to come to Soitec!
What does the job consist of?
Soitec’s addressable markets to triple by 2030 fueled by fast-growing semiconductor demand, higher engineered substrates penetration and product portfolio expansion. Indeed, Soitec’s semiconductor materials bring unique value to smartphones, cars and connected devices. In this context of growth, the supply chain management and capital equipment sourcing is key for the company.
As Capital Equipment Buyer your will be responsible to establish and maintain relationship with key suppliers and coordinate with the Supplier Quality, operations and related other functional leaders to establish executive relationships to accomplish company’s business objectives.
Therefore, principal duties will include:
- To source, negotiate and purchase equipment / materials and services from identified and reliable sources, locally and overseas.
- Ensure supply and optimal cost to meet overall business targets.
- Negotiate price or supply agreements with strategic suppliers across sites.
- Work closely with other SOITEC sites to achieve global strategies and initiatives.
- Improve procurement performance in terms of cost savings, supplier sustainability & sourcing process, delivery lead time.
- Continuous effort to improve payment terms & decrease turnaround times.
- Participate in cost variance analysis and related action activities.
- Update the market landscape related to industry events, materials, services and innovations.
- Support company EHS, ESG and Quality initiatives
- Participate in other tasks, assignments and projects as delegated by Procurement Director.
- Ensuring all procurement activities with suppliers are carried out in accordance with the organization’s procurement process, forecasted budget and ethical conduct.
Requirements & qualifications
You have obtained a Master Degree in Supply Chain Management with at least 5 years working experiences or you are Engineer with 5 years of relevant experience within manufacturing or semiconductors industry, preferably experience in handling equipment sourcing and procurement.
Fluent in English, you are used to work in cross-cultures Environnement. You are motivated by challenges and business oriented. Your leadership, communication skills, sense of commitment and innovative mindset will allow you to success in negotiations.
The position is located in Bernin (France) but requires flexibility for punctual travels across suppliers sites.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers-soitec.icims.com.