Experience level: Mid-Senior (Ph.D. or MSc)
Location: Germany (preferably in Munich). Our office in Munich is located not far from the city center, well connected by public transport, e.g. Munich Central Station is right around the corner.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Innovate, develop, integrate, and evaluate run-time firmware and software tools for the next generation of Codasip custom-compute based IP on the RISC-V architecture.
- Test and optimize low-level SW and supporting tooling for ML, safety, and security processing pipeline towards optimal performance.
- Work closely with the HW Digital design engineers at Codasip and be part of the SW/HW co-design.
- Architect, prototype, and develop new features for our EDA tool.
- Lead Codasip contribution to project deliverables and collaborate with Codasip engineering and external academic and industrial partners on joint proof-of-concept demos.
- Report technical results at blog posts, international conferences/RISC-V summits, and project review meetings.
- Over 7 years of recent and relevant hands-on experience with SW development of complex algorithms, tools, and applications for embedded devices.
- Preferred past experience in one or multiple of the following areas: AI/ML processing pipeline (e.g., performance tuning of NN libraries, graph compilers), Security (encryption, authentication), and Safety (e.g., automotive, aerospace).
- SW skills: C/ C++, debugging, RTOS, Eclipse.
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential.
- Experience with customer-facing activities is appreciated.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, thinking outside of the box.
- Excellent communication skills, pragmatic, proactive, self-motivated, team player.
Welcome to Codasip
We believe Codasip is the most innovative processor solutions company. We take pride in designing and developing cutting-edge, high-performance, and energy-efficient CPU cores from scratch, and our own automated proprietary tools to fully customize them. We give our customers a unique competitive advantage by empowering their system-on-chip developers to build the most innovative products.
Our processor cores are based on the RISC-V open architecture. The potential for customizing RISC-V is unlocked with the Codasip Custom Compute approach: our unique architecture description language, CodAL, and the powerful automated processor design tool, Codasip Studio. These are at the heart of our unique and groundbreaking RISC-V processor solutions.
Founded in 2014, we’ve grown into a thriving and talented global community. Our IP engineering teams work from offices spread across Europe, including our first and largest design center in the beautiful city of Brno, Czechia. Across Europe, we already have design teams in Cambridge, Bristol, Munich, Villeneuve-Loubet, Barcelona, Thessaloniki, Heraklion and Athens. The Codasip team is also based close to its customers, which means we have dedicated sales and application engineers in the USA, Japan, Korea, and China.
Codasip is a private company backed by well-funded EU grants. Our products are already making a real impact, with billions of devices already in the market powered by our processor IP and tools.
Want to be an architect of ambition? Join Codasip
At Codasip we are committed to fostering a creative and collaborative work environment. Codasippers have the freedom to explore original ideas and experiment with new techniques. We believe in the benefits of cross-departmental collaboration and encourage sharing to build awareness throughout the teams. This enables you to add value through variety in your work.
When you join Codasip, you become part of a motivated team of self-starters where your ideas are appreciated and your voice is heard. We strive to create an environment where your ambition can flourish and your career can reach new heights. So, come and join our team of architects of ambition. We can’t wait to see what you’ll achieve at Codasip.
SOME USEFUL LINKS ON CODASIP:
- Codasip RISC V Processor Solutions
- Design for differentiation: architecture licenses in RISC‑V
- Scaling is Failing – Dr. Ron Black, CEO, Codasip
- Codasip Labs to accelerate advanced technologies
We’re passionate about RISC-V processors and are in tune with the times! If you are, apply now 🙂
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit apply.workable.com.