Soitec is a company listed on the CAC Next 20 index of the Paris Stock Exchange, operating upstream in the value chain of microelectronics. Our innovative semiconductor materials are essential for the functioning of smartphones and the deployment of 5G. They also provide numerous opportunities for connected cars, electric and autonomous vehicles, and embedded intelligence in connected devices.
This position gives us an incredible responsibility that inspires us every day: making the widespread adoption of technological innovations possible while significantly limiting their environmental impact, in a framework of responsible innovation and sustainable development.
Our QMS team is based in France (Bernin, 38) and made up of 6 awesome members : 5 senior engineers and 1 technician. Everyone has their area of specialty and everyone interacts with the rest of the group’s teams (France, Belgium, Singapore).
If you’re curious, ready to learn & to collaborate with multiple team members, and want to dive into the world of control plans and quality stuff, this internship is for you!
Throughout the inetrnship you will use the DMAIC method, coached by a Green Belt Lean Office / senior engineer.
What does the job consist?
In the context of AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group) and its reference documents, the Control Plans are closely connected to FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) in the quality management system (QMS). The Control Plan is a complementary document that works hand-in-hand with FMEA to ensure effective risk mitigation and continuous improvement.
- Participate in internal audits to assess the compliance of control plans with quality standards (ie AIAG VDA guidelines).
- Contribute to the analysis of data related to control plan effectiveness and process performance.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of deviations, if any.
- Engage in the review and improvement of existing control plans, ensuring alignment with industry best practices and in accordance with AIAG VDA guidelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure control plans are integrated into the overall QMS effectively.
Here are some potential outcomes and key learnings from this Quality experience:
- Problem-Solving Expertise : Acquire problem-solving skills by actively participating in the investigation and resolution of deviations from control plans.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Develop effective communication and teamwork skills essential for a collaborative work environment. (english speaking is a must)
- Develop essential workplace skills, including time management, attention to detail, and effective communication.
- Explore potential career paths and areas of interest within the semiconductor industry & Develop networking opportunities within a dynamic and innovative work environment.
Requirements & qualifications
You study in a generalist engineering school specializing in materials or electronics, in a master’s program in quality management, or in a professional master’s or bachelor’s degree in QHSE. You are available for a 4 to 6-month internship starting from January 2024.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers-soitec.icims.com.