Website Keysight EDA
Keysight is the world’s leading electronic measurement company, helping scientists and engineers address their toughest technical challenges with confidence through innovations in hardware and software. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to deliver measurement solutions in wireless communications, aerospace and defense, and semiconductor markets with world-class platforms, software, and measurement science. Santa Rosa, in the heart of California’s beautiful wine country, is the location of Keysight headquarters. At our headquarters, you’ll be part of a team that designs, develops, and tests new products. To create a complete solution for our customers, your project team will include engineers from diverse areas of expertise: electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, software engineers, process engineers and manufacturing engineers. You will also work with our planning and marketing departments to transform your designs into final products.
As a digital design engineer you will be designing portions of boards that range from simple control logic to hardware accelerated DSP engines. You will work with simulation tools and design tools to implement your ideas. You will be responsible for the associated power supplies, clocks, and data interface systems, potentially with extremely high data rates. As the leader in measurement, all our designs push the state of the art to make the best possible products for our customers.
Your primary job responsibilities will include developing, designing, measuring, and troubleshooting digital control systems, processing system, memory interfaces and high speed data transport. You will design all or parts of subassemblies for Keysight products and specify the components that make up the products. You will assist in instrument architecture decisions with senior engineers, select vendors and components, and troubleshoot and fix problems. You will work in cooperation with other functional areas such as marketing and manufacturing. Accomplishing your design goals will require the use of simulation, schematic capture, and layout tools. You will be required to document your designs including the design goals, the core concepts of the design, the theory of operation, the details of the design, and troubleshooting techniques. You will facilitate the transition of the design to full production and delivery.
If you’re up to the challenge, come join our high caliber team.
- New College Grad with PhD in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 6 years of design experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in hardware circuit design of digital assemblies with a wide range of processing capability including System on Chip, FPGA, memories, and high speed data interfaces.
- Experience with circuit analysis and design, CAD schematic tools, circuit simulation tools, and design evaluation.
- Ability to evaluate alternative circuit approaches and develop the most appropriate choices into robust designs.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts in both written and oral forms.
- Knowledge of communication systems, including architectural tradeoffs and partitioning impacts.
- Commitment to excellence and dedication to quality.
- A team player with strong self-motivation and good communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Measurement experience in one or more of the following areas: signal analyzers, signal generators, I/Q modulation and demodulation, phase noise measurements, and vector network analysis.
- Digital signal processing (DSP) knowledge
- Knowledge of or experience with FPGA Gateware design
- Analog, RF and/or microwave circuit knowledge
- Experience with RF and microwave measurement systems.
- Experience with Mentor or similar design tools including schematic capture and layout
- Experience with Spice and CST simulation tools or equivalent.
- Experience in block diagrams of up-converter and down-converter superheterodyne products.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.keysight.com.