Our client in Plymouth, MI is looking for a Design Release Engineer – Structures. This is a long-term contract position.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for the development, release, and validation of Body Structures Joining content or Sealing and adhesive, or Fastening, or Exterior Trim prototype build support
- Coordinate with Body Structures Design Team, CAE, and physical testing validation during Design, Prototype and Production Launch phases.
- Work with CAD team to document 3D Joining in Catia v6 / Enovia PLM system.
- Create and lead development of the DVP for validation
- Support supplier selection process with heavy interface to purchasing and from supplier engagement.
- Engage in debate and discussions during all body design reviews as owner of content.
- Work closely with plant to establish repair procedures and root cause failure modes for on-going quality improvements.
- Be technical lead for Joining, driving best practices and fundamentals/requirements into design.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Catia V5/6 Basic application user
- Ability to work in a team in a fast-pace environment
- Strong understanding of the first-principle physics & requirements of structures content – the loads, forces, and overall function of the system
- Familiarity with DFMEAs, DVPS and functional safety requirements
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Employee discounts
- Free training on all Altair products