What You Will Do:
The Global Interior Lighting Product Design Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and release of all the Interior lighting components such as smart ambient lighting, surface back lighting, dynamic lighting, overhead lighting system, Battery charge Indicator lighting, UVC lighting, courtesy and task lighting.
Responsibilities will include standardization plan development, interface with product design office, vehicle development, other Interior, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering Teams, and suppliers to design, develop and release Interior Lighting components. Interface between Design Studio and suppliers in the creation of functional lighting solutions that achieve design requirements.
Responsibilities will also include maintaining core lighting design practices, lesson’s learned, implementing innovation roadmaps as well as utilizing SPEOS lighting simulation as a lighting simulation tool, coordination and development of advancement of new technologies and procedures to improve program timing for lighting systems, writing source packages, specifications, requirements, and change notices. Additionally, define Interior, Electrical, Customer interface requirements, virtual and physical validations (DFMEA / DVP&R), vehicle lighting harmonization and quality improvement activities, cost value analysis, and the supplier development and selection process, supplier management to meet program timing and deliverables. Follow, track and root cause build issues found during pre-production builds and vehicle issues found during development. Responsible for issue resolution prior to launch of the program and warranty analysis of all the components after the launch.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, and or Computer
- Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Minimum of 3 years of Product Design and Release in Automotive system and components.
- Experience with Tooling feasibility in Injection molded plastics/Decorative components.
- Working knowledge of Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA), PFMEA, Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R), CAE, GD&T, and i-Speed.
- Design and development experience in Team Center and NX.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Strong organizational, leadership and communication skills.
- Result oriented, energetic self-starting leader with ability to direct cross –functional teams.
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and or MBA from an ABET accredited university.
- Knowledge Lighting Development and lighting measurement.
- Experience developing Performance Standards.
- Creating master sections and Surface feasibility proposal for PDO.
- Knowledge of Lighting Simulation using SPEOS or any other simulation tools.
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) using proactive quality tools.
- Experience with Red X and Kepner-Tregoe Reactive Problem solving tools.
- Experience in Automotive assembly plant and/or program launch.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.