Website Siemens EDA
At Siemens Healthineers, we offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Customer Service Engineer – Associate.
Our global team: We are a team of more than 68,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to ambitious professionals looking for an entry level position in medical equipment field service, and an opportunity start their career with a global leader in medical technology! As a Customer Service Engineer – Associate, you will be responsible for:
- Our Customer Service Engineer – Associate will perform service, preventative maintenance, and modifications on medical equipment at customer sites with minimal supervision.
- You will establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers, as well as performing necessary administrative duties accurately.
- For the best support of our customers, you will work a schedule that accommodates their practice. We offer enhanced shifting incentives dependent on start time and workdays.
- The Customer Service Engineer Associate is required to have their residence within 45 minutes safe driving time of the assigned geographic area.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers:
- You will receive two to three weeks of paid initial technical training at our beautiful Cary, NC Campus
- Professional Development courses and team assignments.
- You will travel as needed to accompany and support customers during field rotations under the supervision of assigned mentors for up to six months.
- Technical education in assigned modalities or product lines.
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions.
- Willingness to travel and work schedule flexibility; position becomes second shift after the first few months. Second shift is primarily 3PM to Midnight.
- You have very good presentation skills in the customer environment, and you show team orientation, communication skills and customer orientation.
- Four levels of progression within the Technician positions. The possibility of career progression is expansive!
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
- Technical degree / certificate or relevant work experience.
- Experience with mechanical and/or electrical installations, testing, repairing, and maintaining medical equipment preferred.
- A background preferred in an area requiring technical knowledge, such as HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning, Alarm and Monitoring systems), aircraft maintenance, manufacturing systems, power distribution, industrial printing, weapon systems, electronics, complex IT environments, etc.
- Understanding of great customer service and communication skills
- Use remote support mixed reality tools when working with second level technical support.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be able to work both individually and in an established team setting.
- Willingness to work different shifts and days of the week as business needs dictate, including willingness to work overtime.
- Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography.
- Physical Requirements: Lifting 50lbs (floor to above waist/head), walking, ladder/stepstool climbing, bending, twisting, sitting work, squatting work, standing work, high-reach, fine grasping manipulation, good vision, and ability to work alone.
We offer a competitive benefits package and many perks, including but not limited to:
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off in your first 12 months, and 6 paid annual holidays and 5 floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits that start on your first day of hire!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 6 weeks Paid Paternal Leave
- Annual $300 Wellness Reimbursement
- 100% matching 401k retirement program up to 6% of your contribution
- 5% at target annual performance bonus (based on corporate performance)
- 100% match of your first 6% 401K (20% vesting of the matched amount each year)
- Corporate Vehicle – Fleet Program – You receive a new car ($45 per week cost to you) all inclusive of gas, tolls, service, insurance and more. You can use for business and personal usage. It is estimated to be a $15,000.00 annual value to our employee. Opt-out option available.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.