Responsible for investigation and defining corrective actions for customer quality issues. Responsible for the communication to the customer in regards to data gathering, customer updates, root cause, and corrective action reports.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities.
1. Manage assigned cases and insure they are resolved in a timely manner.
2. Work with other departments to establish root cause and corrective actions on customer quality issues.
3. Work directly with customers via telephone, email, or other to resolve quality issues.
4. Study and recommend techniques to improve product, process, and control methods to enhance overall Quality levels.
5. Provide backup within the Customer Quality Department.
6. Education of other groups as needed (in regards to inspection, rework or new processing details).
7. Work with customers and Samtec associates globally to resolve customer quality issues. This may require domestic and international travel and off-hours communications on occasion.
8. Provide input to engineering groups about quality issues and history in order to improve existing or new designs.
9. Investigate customer issues, write corrective action reports as requested based on system established due date.
10. Work within the established guidelines, as defined by the quality system, Corporate Procedures, Work Instructions etc.
11. Prepare and update all necessary quality reports as required by customers and Samtec procedures.
12. Special projects; as and when instructed by Management/Supervisor.
13. Adheres to all Samtec Quality Principles and actions
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.”
1. 2 – 5 Years’ experience in Engineering role.
2. Must have good computer skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, EPMS, SGN preferred.
3. Good follow thru skills and high sense of urgency is a must.
4. Must have the ability to coordinate various activities simultaneously.
5. Excellent organizational, communication (both written and verbal), and people skills.
6. Must be detail oriented and concerned with timely handling of requests
Preferred Education / Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree / related technical or equivalent experience.
2. 5-10 years experience in customer/manufacturing quality or manufacturing engineering preferred.
3. 3 years minimum experience in quality methods, tools, strategies, etc with regards to problem analysis, root cause and corrective action.
4. Experience in small component manufacturing a plus.
5. Knowledge in SMT manufacturing a plus.
6. On the job experience can replace or supplement educational requirements.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.