About the role
Arm processors are the brains in billions of diverse electronic devices. Our CPU team defines, designs, and validates all of Arm’s processor IP and collaborates with the world’s leading technology companies! As an engineer in the Austin-based CPU Physical Implementation team, you will join an adept team responsible for building next-generation Arm CPUs on the latest process nodes to enable RTL development for microprocessors, to enable power and performance benchmarking, and for working with Arm partners.
What will I be accountable for?
- Use of synthesis, place and route to develop best in class Arm IP
- Evaluation of physical implementation results for flow improvements and RTL feedback
- Resolving physical issues to improve performance and power
- Development of floorplans to meet design requirements
- Verification of functionality, speed & power of developed design
- Development of high speed, low power clock distribution
- Investigate and develop new methodologies to improve design power, performance and area
- Supplemental script writing to improve flows and gathering of vital statistics
- Working closely with other team members both locally and globally to complete CPU designs
- Working with EDA tool vendors on the development of recommended implementation flows for Arm cores
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years of related design experience
- Experience with synthesis, place and route tools
- Experience with Perl, Python, TCL and or other scripting languages
- Experience with timing and power analysis tools
- An understanding of power, performance, and area tradeoffs
Desired behaviors for this role
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.