Designing microprocessors is hard, expensive, and takes years. But does it have to? No.
Codasip was founded on a simple belief – that we could bring together the brilliance of microprocessor architects and software engineers and capture it in tools that made design simpler, faster, and less expensive. Codasip Studio was born in 2014 with the mission of democratizing processor design. We are succeeding. At the same time RISC-V was gaining traction, so it was natural for Codasip to embrace it as an Open Instruction Set Architecture (ISA).
Increasing customer demand means we are now growing our applications engineering team.
Codasip’s Application Engineering team works closely with R&D, Product Marketing and our Field Application Engineers to make our customers successful. You will solve problems for customers, provide support for our products and create content such as knowledge-base articles and application notes.
You will also act as a customer to R&D, testing our products and providing feedback.
The team is newly created so we are looking for various levels of experience, both hardware and software engineers. However you must be customer focused and expert at problem solving and debugging complex issues. Our Codasip Studio technology covers processor design and verification, compilers and embedded software development.
While Codasip is headquartered in Europe, our approach and culture are typical of Silicon Valley, meaning that we value prudent risk taking and “out of the box” thinking. We are a well-funded start-up poised for dynamic growth based on our leading edge product portfolio.
RISC-V is a revolutionary technology in the semiconductor industry.
Main responsibilities include:
- Provide support to Codasip customers
- Providing feedback to R&D on product features
- Develop marketing collateral such as app notes, demos
Core Skills and Competencies Required for the applications engineer position:
- Collaboration. You will be working with a wide spectrum of Codasip engineers from R&D experts to Field Application engineers and customer engineers.
- Communication. You must be able to communicate clearly with R&D, product marketing and our customers.
- Technical credibility. You need to be trusted by fellow engineers and customers to give impartial advice and high quality results.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline
For the hardware engineers:
- Either experience in CPU design
- Or experience with FPGA (Xilinx) design tools
- Understanding of ISA features and how instruction complexity affects implementation
- Understanding of processor verification would be a benefit.
For the software engineers:
- Experience in embedded software for microcontroller (such as Cortex-M)
- Experience with an RTOS such as FreeRTOS, ThreadX etc
- Experience using FPGA development boards
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit codasip.bamboohr.com.