Our client in Auburn Hills, MI is looking for a Controls Project Engineer. This is a Contract positions.
Controls Project Engineer works closely with customers, project management, purchasing, and manufacturing to execute the controls content on assigned projects. Tasks will include or require delegating the following: gather system requirements, create specifications, drawing packages, and PLC and DAQ software. They utilize their technical skills to design, develop, and validate advanced powertrain test systems including combustion engine, transmission, e-motor, battery, inverter test systems.
- Author hardware and system documentation including specifications, schematics, DAQ definition, BOMs, sequence of operations, etc.
- Develop custom hardware solutions in both team and lone environments
- Identify hardware tools and techniques that will benefit the project
- Research and identify potential system components
- Manage hardware and system documentation
- Support the controls design team for a variety of projects encompassing several aspects of powertrain and vehicle/component development from the conceptphase through detail design, manufacturing, and commissioning.
- Communicate with customers to determine design requirements and specifications for a project and participate in regular design reviews to ensure those requirements are being met.
- Conduct projects with a high level of professionalism while meeting and/or exceeding our clients’ technical and timing expectations within the predefined project budget limits.
- Produce a final deliverable drawing package made to customer specifications and industry standards
- Troubleshoot and fix design and manufacturing issues with the Project Manager and Manufacturing Team.
- Be able to back up engineering decisions using data and engineering analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in EE or CE (or equivalent experience)
- At least 5 years of controls design experience including: Electrical, Pneumatics and Fluids
- Interface with customers, engineers, and technical project managers to develop hardware requirements, schedules and budgets
- Experience designing analog and digital I/O circuitry
- Debugging skills including utilization of logic analyzers, DMMs, oscilloscopes, etc.
- AutoCAD Electrical experience
- Knowledge of LISP a bonus
- Microsoft Excel advanced user
- xLOOKUP, conditional formatting, charts, data validation,
- Knowledge of NEC (specifically chapter 2, 3 & 7), NFPA 79 & UL 508A
- Wire gauges & fuse/circuit breaker sizing
- Grounding & bonding
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.