Location: Remote (within the UK); London or Oxford preferred. Some travel to our offices will be required from time-to-time
About the company
PQShield is a highly innovative deep tech start-up that specialises in post-quantum cryptography and cybersecurity. Our mission is to innovate and create solutions for the world’s most imminent security challenge: quantum computers.
Here at PQShield, we understand our people are the most important factor in driving our success. Therefore, our core value is to provide them with a work environment that promotes personal and professional growth. Hard work and loyalty are always met with acknowledgement, appreciation and reward.
Headquartered in Oxford, with additional teams across the UK and in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and the US, our quantum-secure cryptographic solutions work with companies’ legacy systems to protect devices and sensitive data now and for years to come. We are well-funded and VC backed, having recently closed our $20m series A funding round.
Our corporate social responsibility centres around making sure our products are used in a constructive and positive way – we would like to think that our products will contribute to the greater good rather than be just another money-making commodity.
About the role
We are looking for a Compliance Manager to help us take PQShield to the next level as we expand internationally.
You’ll report to the VP Operations and work closely with the Management Team. We are a fast growing but small team, which means this role will be very hands-on, but at the same time you’ll be helping to develop the long-term strategy of the team and business. You will be the first dedicated member of the Legal & Compliance Team, however, we do work with consultants, partners and advisers around the world to help manage the function.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing our export control – liaising with clients and prospects to understand their use cases, and applying for and managing the appropriate export licences, as well as managing our ongoing internal audits, reporting and compliance requirements.
- ISO certifications – we are ISO 9001 & 27001 certified. You will take the lead on the ongoing management of these certifications, carrying out internal audits, and ensuring ongoing compliance.
- Providing advice and expertise regarding security requirements when working with defence clients and governments.
- Other certifications – you’ll be looking to understand and implement other certifications that would be beneficial to PQShield.
- Managing the client screening process, ensuring the integrity of prospective clients that the Sales Team are looking to work with.
- You have extensive experience in export control of dual use products from the UK, as well as experience with US EAR and ITAR.
- You have experience implementing and/or managing ISO 9001 & 27001, as well as other security and quality control certifications such as SOC 2.
- You have experience working with the defence industry, and the associated security requirements and compliance frameworks.
- You have experience working in a global business, in particular with a US focus.
- You think practically and commercially and have prior experience building and gaining buy-in for policies and processes.
- You have a natural ability to collaborate well with others across the organisation and thrive in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- You are extremely organised, have great project management skills and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- You have a good level of proficiency with Google Apps and Microsoft Office.
Nice to have
- Experience working with the export of dual use cryptographic technology.
- Experience working within a high growth technology company, developing software and hardware IP.
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence).
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary.
- Share option scheme.
- Flexible & remote working, and a working from home budget.
- Private health insurance for yourself and your family.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- 50% gym membership discount.
- The chance to work with a really nice, smart and friendly team!
PQShield is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We’re passionate about talent and proud to foster an inclusive environment; all applicants will be considered regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit pqshield.com.