Our client in Farmington Hills, MI is looking for a CAE Sales Manager, this is a direct hire position. Responsible for business development, customer care, N. A. distributor relations, sales revenue generation and implementation of effective sales operating procedures for the Farmington Hills FEM (Finite element Models). The sales Manager will take responsibility for the quality of technical work delivered to customers and sales performance of the FEM department in Farmington Hills. Travel within the US is expected with possible international travel as required to fulfil the needs of the business.
What You Will Do:
- Working with the Product Manager, Technical Leads, the CAE Managers is responsible for the assurance of timely delivery of high-quality FE products to meet customers’ expectations.
- Responsible for management and execution of the Americas sales budget and goals.
- Supports the FEA distributors and sales activities for all FEM development projects and product releases for the Americas customer base.
- Responsible for managing all global sales accounts initiated by N.A. customer requests. Authorizes and monitors the sales expense budget for Farmington Hills.
- Help in arranging customer training courses, planning social events, participating in company events and ensuring a good office working environment.
- Communicates regularly with sales team members in Europe, India, Japan and China to help resolve global sales/planning and negotiations with customers.
- Working with the Technical Lead, uses judgment and experience to resolve technical difficulties and where necessary consults industry specialists to deliver to customer the required quality in a timely manner.
- Reviews new business opportunities with the executive management team and develops appropriate business cases and project proposals for approval submission.
- Supports customer care initiatives and regional (the Americas) distributor relations, including licensing and pricing negotiations.
- Reviews all finite element model work output for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Follows and administrates business, technical and financial company procedures and ISO rules and regulations.
- Where necessary further develops the company ISO quality standards to keep in line with industry and customer requirements.
- Ensures all customers and sales related information is treated in a confidential manner. Prepares and regularly reports the Americas sales revenue (project sales), license status and business opportunities to the Head of CAE, including monthly sales report for the Americas.
What You Will Need:
This is a strategic position aimed at customer sales growth through satisfying the customer requirements and developing the finite element business in the Americas. Internal and external contacts include CAE employees within the Farmington Hills, Europe, China, Japan and India offices and distributors of the Finite Element Models (DYNAmore, ESI and Abaqus Inc.) and other professional business contacts within the industry. External customer and partner contacts are frequent and key to the effective execution of the objectives of the FE business growth and the company wellbeing. Negotiations and regular communication with outside agencies, customers, distributors and professional groups are crucial to developing solid working relationships. Frequently these interactions will involve extremely complex, emotional and sensitive issues. Success in this area is vital for the development of the existing and future business. A capacity to negotiate to the best benefit of the Company is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (University Degree qualification);
- 6-10 years CAE experience in the field of finite element modelling.
- Abaqus, LS-Dyna or Pamcrash software codes.
- Must be proficient in the use of at least one of the FE Pre/Post processing software’s such as HYPERWORKS, ANSA, etc..
- MS Office literate using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience with managing large customer sales accounts and people.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry, specifically crashworthiness and vehicle safety.
- Understanding of impact events, material behaviour and manufacturing processes.
- Experience working with multiple international locations of the same discipline is plus.
- Ability to work within a diverse workforce.
- Ability to follow through on work assignments, realistic scheduling and observance of deadlines.
- Independent judgment to determine customer sales account guidelines, purpose, followthrough and closing sales agreements.
- Ability to understand customer budgetary guidelines and project expenditures.
- Ability to work under conflicting and frequently changing priorities
- Able to provide strong listening, interpersonal, team working and organizational skills
- Ability to provide support to staff.
- Able to create a positive “can do” attitude
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Employee discounts
- Free training on all Altair products