Our client in Detroit, MI is looking for a Sr CAE Durability Eng. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
- The associate will play a crucial role in design and development of Driveline assemblies like EDUs, eAxles and conventional axles by performing FEA, durability simulations, weld fatigue simulations, gear-train system dynamics and gear noise thermal sensitivity. The associate will also develop new analysis methods and new analytical tools.
- Perform structural stress and durability CAE analyses of electrified and conventional Axle system and components, and use the results to guide structural design for current programs and future products.
- Perform bearing preload thermal sensitivity prediction and gear deflection under NVH load at different temperature for the latest 3-in-1 EDU systems and high-end passenger car programs to improve NVH performance.
- Perform laser welding distortion, laser welding life prediction, and maintain AAM internal welding programs to support the global CAE operation.
What You Will Need:
- Master degrees in mechanical engineering or adjacent fields with five years of driveline FEA experience or a PhD with two years of driveline FEA experience.
- Nonlinear stress and fatigue analysis of drivetrain components using Hyperworks, Abaqus, Nastran, etc. software.
- Gear design knowledge and experience working with tools like Romax, Masta, T3D and Calyx.
Simulation experience in analyzing system dynamics and gear noise of fast spinning gearboxes/transmissions.
Solid theoretical background in solid mechanics, numerical analysis methods (FEA), fatigue and optimization methods, and heat treatment material characteristics.
Hands-on Python and Matlab programming experience.
Experience in simulating laser welding fatigue and the manufacturing process.
- Prior experience in performing e-Drive system analyses and traction motor design.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.