Cadence is the leader in hardware emulation-acceleration technologies and products. Looking for a hands-on Senior Principal HW Design Engineer who wants to expand their scope, and grow their career. This position is located in our San Jose headquarter office, reports to the Sr Engineering Group Director of R&D, and works in a growing talented organization.
Our emulation-acceleration system platform is the most advanced industry-leading configurable scalable system, generation after generation, used in labs and data centers. This position requires to do board design, schematic entry, work with layout engineers to do PCB layout, signal integrity, bring-up and sustain the current hardware system platform.
- Responsible for the design, bring-up and sustain of hardware system platform.
- Continuously develop and apply technical domain expertise in Hardware Engineering.
- Maintain a strong, high level of competence in Electrical and/or Computer engineering to promote the incorporation of relevant technology into products and/or processes; and provide leadership and guidance to junior technical staff members.
- Establish and maintain Engineering Hardware standards, procedures, performance levels and documentation requirements. Propose and lead process improvement initiatives to drive breakthrough productivity and quality. Lead design reviews.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in developing board level hardware and systems
- Demonstrated leader in guiding junior HW engineers.
- Strong technical domain expertise in Electrical Engineering principles, concepts, and methods, and global standards compliance in order to work through technical issues of design integrity, manufacturability, and quality issues mitigation.
- Proven success in taking at least one system product from concept to production.
- Experience in high speed interface design
- Experience with schematic capture software (CONCEPT / ALLEGRO).
- Good communication especially in creation of plans and reports.
- Familiarity with volume manufacturing methods and processes is a plus.
- Ability to lead and contribute to cross-functional teams, demonstrate good interpersonal skills, be able to operate independently and multiplex your time between many diverse tasks.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
We’re doing work that matters. Help us solve what others can’t.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.