Samtec offers a unique experience for students going through its co-op program. The program is designed to give students real-life experience in a multitude of business roles. Rotations will occur every 4-6 months, giving time to learn about the specific role/responsibilities, as well as gain professional skills.
Potential business rotations
Rotations for a business co-op could include, but not limited to:
- Customer Service: Answer phone calls, online chats and emailed tickets from customers. Enter Purchase Orders sent from customers into Samtec’s system.
- Pricing/Quoting: Provide pricing to customers based on their request. Use / determine the best strategy needed to offer a competitive price while maintaining good gross profit (GP).
- Application Support: Provide Technical support to customers as well as assist in setting up customized parts to meet the customer’s needs.
- Business Development: Work with FSEs, Industry Managers, and Global Account Managers on customer’s project(s). May also be asked to quote more advanced products/series.
- Marketing: Help with product design projects, website enhancements, and help gather information on Samtec’s distribution chain and competition.
- Vendor Relations: Work with all NON-BOM vendors to maintain Samtec expected service levels.
- Molding: Managed work centers’ workload and scheduled production orders. Work with other Operation and Sales group based on escalations.
“The responsibilities are defined position-by-position. General guidelines for positions will be provided, prior to the associate rotating into the position. Associates will be asked to perform additional tasks”
- Excel reporting
- Ability to stay focused on task at hand
- Great work ethic.
- Ability to work at fast pace and keep organized. Multi-tasking.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
Preferred Experience (These will all be needed if not already obtained)
- Previous Business admin functions a plus
- Efficient in Samtec Inventory Suite, QP, Outlook, Excel, and EPMS.
- Vendor relations
- Tableau / Crystal Reports
- High School Diploma or greater is required.
- Working towards Business Bachelor’s Degree.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.