As an engineering member of our big compute and cloud management team, you will contribute to the design and development of next generation technology for high performance computing (HPC) and cloud software. We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and intelligent software engineer who can translate business needs into highly scalable, maintainable software solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in a visible, close-knit team working on a worldwide product.
Make a big impact as part of a global team of experts to optimize the world’s largest computers solving problems that really matter. Altair’s PBS Works™ suite operates between the most demanding applications (e.g., weather prediction, computational fluid dynamics, structural optimization, life sciences, Electronic Design Automation, and Fintech) and the most powerful computers – scheduling the right job at the right time on the right resources – making the computing infrastructure reliable, efficient, scalable, and agile. The suite’s workload and cloud management products allow enterprises to easily share distributed computing resources across geographic boundaries. Altair’s cloud products empower client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information.
- Build sophisticated technology for the HPC software and cloud product stack based on customer-driven requirements (i.e. “design solutions”)
- Handle features from requirements and use cases up to the shipping product (design, dev, test).
- Apply best practices in software engineering, delivering projects on time, on budget, and with excellent quality
- Modify existing software technology to correct errors and/or improve performance (i.e. “fix bugs”)
- Provide expertise to the support and sales organizations as well as other software engineers
Skills and Experience required:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related
- Superior programming skills and excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in one of the programming languages C/C++, Python or GO. Knowledge of multiple languages is desired
- Experience of working with Continuous Integration/Delivery platforms based on Gitlab, Jenkins or others
- Expertise in developing automated tests
- Experience of working and building solutions based on container runtimes (Docker, K8s, …)
- Experience with leveraging one of the key cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, Oracle). Knowledge at the API level is a plus
- Experience in building/developing in a distributed environment (micro services, data driven, async, …)
- Expertise in one of the major configuration managers is a plus (Ansible, Puppet, Saltstack,…).
- Experience with time series databases (ElasticSearch, InfluxDB etc) of advantage
- Some amount of Linux system admin expertise is desired
- Excellent communication (fluency in English) and people skills; excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer science background with deep understanding of architecture fundamentals. (e.g., architectural/design patterns, data structures)
- Experience in collaborating with distributed teams via modern tools (MR, code reviews, on-line collaboration tools …)
- Knowledge of the Agile software development methodology (scrum, kanban,..) is desired
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.