Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Daily responsibility include sustaining the intended function of all production tooling and machine by taking recovery actions to debug, repair and implement corrective remedy. And perform timely periodic maintenance.
- To perform setup and conversion on production equipment and tooling to meet product specification stated in the drawing (print) and according to guideline document.
- To maintain inventory of production tooling & machine including those outside factory premises which are under Samtec Penang account. Example, equipment sends for external calibration or repair.
- Ensure all tooling and machine is up to date states for ISO reference or audit.
- Maintain and replenish inventory of spare parts for tooling and machine.
- To co-ordinate and update status of tooling & machine repair and improvement upgrade.
- To perform and report status of PM for tooling and machine according to guideline document.
- To support Solution Centre in troubleshooting tasks for production tooling or machine failure.
- To liaise with other Samtec’s facilities on transfer of tooling & machine. Including product and new project that were transferred to Samtec Penang.
- Identify, recommend, and implement improvements activities for tooling and machine.
- Where & when required, perform simple milling and grinding tasks per approved tooling ECN.
- Other relevant tooling and machine function as requested by Management.
- Any other related tasks and duties as assigned by management from time to time.
- Adheres to all Samtec Quality Principles and actions.
- At least 3 years in related / similar position.
- Basic knowledge on pneumatics and electronics control mechanism.
- Able to read and understand pneumatics and electronics schematics diagram.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Certificate/Diploma in Mechanical engineering or Mechatronics or related technical or equivalent experience.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.