Job Title: Automation Operator
The Automation Operator will operate automated machines to produce components/assemblies with the highest level of quality, while meeting target productivity standards. Has a complete working knowledge of the operation of machines, measuring devices, tooling, and safety requirements within the assigned area.
- Understand and abide by all safety/compliance standards set by the assigned area/Samtec.
- Interpretation of blueprint drawings, to build product to the required specifications.
- Ability to use all required measuring devices pertaining to the given process.
- Constructs components and parts to extremely tight tolerances.
- Meet/exceed established productivity goals set by the assigned area.
- Learn and sustain knowledge of all potential quality issues. Work with an attention to detail to ensure all products meet quality standards.
- Perform buddy checks to confirm team member’s work meets specifications.
- Complete production paperwork and ITS data collection entries, per the required frequencies.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Basic use of tools to setup and change required tooling.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by management.
*The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.*
- At least one-year experience working in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints is preferred
- Adequate mechanical abilities are required.
- Must be customer-service focused and have a high degree of attention-to-detail
- Lifting Requirements: Light work – Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently, from floor to waist. Must be capable of standing and/or sitting for more than 180 minutes straight, and not suffering from any sensory deprivation and/or paralysis of the limbs.
- Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions: Must adhere to all department safety rules and regulations.