Job Description and Requirements
A presales AE (Application Engineer) is responsible for providing technical support for Synopsys’ DesignWare Intellectual Property (DW IP) in presales stage within China with primary focus in Eastern China region.
A presales AE’s responsibilities include:
1) Analyzing application and specification of customer SoC, co-working with customer to design SoC high speed interface in micro-architecture, optimizing whole SoC micro-architecture by developing differentiated interface IP architecture with leading PPA
2) Studying high speed interface protocol update, joining IP product update training and technical conference, and deepening expertise on Interface IP by systematic learning and hands-on IP practice as configuration, synthesis and verification
3) Working with sales teams to manage IP activities in the region to achieve a high customer satisfaction and for building solid customer relationships
4) Providing direct technical support and assistance if needed to enable customer to use DW IP successfully
5) Managing DW IP technical support requirements and needs for existing or prospective customers. This role requires AE to work and coordinate across business units and with other product line teams to provide high quality support for customers.
6) Providing technical guidance and support to sales team during calls, meetings, and marketing events.
Qualified applicants should have a BSEE, MSEE preferred, at least 5+ years relevant experience in ASIC/FPGA designs. Exposure to IP-based SOC design and real tape-out experience are highly desired.
One of the following requirements for the applicants should be satisfied.
- Design or integration, or verification experience with single or multiple high-speed interfaces, such as DDRx/LPDDRx, PCIex, Ethernet, MIPI, USBx, Serdes, HBMx, HBI, die-to-die, UFS, HDMI, CXL/CCIX, etc.
- SoC micro-architecture design including bus fabric, CPU, and various high-speed interfaces as mentioned above
- An understanding of system design and logic design using an HDL language, synthesis, simulation and verification CAD tools is essential. Hands on experience with DC or equivalent is preferred.
- Customer interaction related experience is preferred.
- Technical or domain knowledge on HPC, 5G IoT, 5G mobile, AI and Automotive is a plus.
- The ability to conduct technical meetings, presentations, product demo, and training is required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both Mandarin and English are required.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit sjobs.brassring.com.