Summary / Role Purpose
Join the LS-DYNA Customer Success team to support our customers in solving complex engineering problems with LS-DYNA. The focus is on supporting enterprise customers in the automotive industry for applications like crashworthiness, occupant and pedestrian safety analysis. You will use engineering knowledge to provide technical pre- and post-sales support, find solutions to a wide variety of technical challenges and channel customer feedback to improve Ansys products. You will be part of a dynamic team of enthusiastic and passionate engineers striving to deliver highest quality solutions to our customers, advancing your knowledge, experience, and your impact on the success of our customers and Ansys.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply engineering expertise and knowledge of simulation techniques to provide highest level technical support for LS-DYNA users in the automotive industry.
- Adhere to support processes to ensure high-quality, timely customer service that results in customer satisfaction.
- Submit suggestions for product improvement, when needed.
- Improve Ansys software by submitting bug reports and enhancement requests.
- Perform quality assurance and in field testing of new features and bug fixes to ensure that new software releases and workflows will address customer requirements.
- On an as-needed basis, support Sales and Marketing by conducting demonstrations, webinars, online training, and other meetings.
- Help customers with LS-DYNA and Ansys simulations.
- Become an expert in one or more application areas.
- Learn new LS-DYNA and Ansys features to support new releases.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Master in engineering plus 3 years of experience or a PhD in engineering plus 1 year of experience.
- Knowledge of LS-DYNA, Ansys or other structural CAE software (Abaqus, Radioss, Nastran, OptiStruct, Pam-Crash, etc.).
- Strong fundamentals in structural mechanics and the Finite Element method.
- Logical problem-solving and strong interpersonal/communication skills.
- Fluent in writing and speaking French and English
- Strong organizational and time management skills; possesses a sense of urgency.
- Projects a professional image and demonstrates business acumen; driven to succeed.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20% of the time.
- Enjoy helping others, empathic and customer-oriented setting.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Master in engineering plus 4 years of relevant experience or a PhD in engineering plus 2 years of relevant experience.
- Crashworthiness, impact, drop test, and forming with explicit dynamic software.
- Experience solving industrial problems with LS-DYNA explicit and implicit.
- Experience with meshing tools like ANSA or Hypermesh.
- Knowledge of Ansys Workbench, LS-PrePost, and LS-RUN.
- Experience with non-linear and rate-sensitive materials (foams, plastics, rubbers, etc.).
- Experience with metal plasticity and failure, hyper-elasticity, and composite materials.
- Basic programing and scripting skills, e.g. with python, Perl, bash
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.