Alphawave IP builds industry-leading wired connectivity solutions that enable data to travel faster, more reliably, and with higher performance at lower power. Our technology is embedded in leading-edge semiconductors built to power global network and computer systems. It is an essential part of the core infrastructure enabling next generation services in data centres, artificial intelligence, 5G wireless infrastructure, data networking, autonomous vehicles, and solid-state storage.
We’re looking for the Wavemakers of tomorrow.
The Alphawave IP team combines technologists from different disciplines who come together with a shared passion for electronics, software, and communication technology. We look for individuals with a deep desire to build great products and we value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a team of world-class engineers who are willing to help when needed and are happy to receive help when offered.
- Ensure analog block performance adheres to standard and system model specifications.
- Identify and refine circuit implementation to optimize power, performance and area targets.
- Propose design and verification strategies to ensure high quality design.
- Oversee physical layout to minimize the impact of parasitics, device stress, and process variation.
- Present simulation data for peer review.
- Document design features and key testbench performance metrics.
- Work with the application team to characterize your circuit and correlate measurements with simulation results.
What You’ll Need
- PhD degree or MSc degree in Engineering Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science is at a minimum.
- 2+ years of experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with transistor-level circuit design using advanced CMOS technology nodes.
- Silicon-proven experience implementing circuits for analog building blocks.
- Design experience with one or more of the following circuit blocks: continuous time linear equalizer, slicer, high-speed ADC, voltage-controlled oscillator, phase interpolator, bandgap reference, voltage regulator, serializer, deserializer, voltage/current-mode transmitter, phase-locked loop, phase detector
- Experience optimizing CMOS layout to minimize parasitic impacts.
- Experience designing for reliability including management of aging, overstress, and electromigration issues.
- Experience with EDA tools for schematic entry, layout, and verification.
- Knowledge of SPICE simulators and simulation methods.
- Knowledgeable in Verilog-A for analog behavioural modeling.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to listen to and appreciate ideas and opinions that differ from yours
- Extremely detail oriented
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drives for consistency
- Takes personal pride in high standard of outputs
- Self-motivated and self-managing
Diversity & Inclusivity
Alphawave IP is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal.
Alphawave IP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Alphawave IP will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if you’re applications is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit workforcenow.adp.com.