Altair’s Enterprise Solutions team is looking for an Account Management Professional to expand our footprint in Texas and the South-Central US Region by servicing existing accounts while adding new customers in territory. You will be part of a team that fulfills this vision with a focus on high performance computing (HPC), cloud enablement and high-throughput computing (HTC) via PBS Works, Altair Grid Engine and Altair Accelerator family of products as well as consulting services.
Altair: Our comprehensive, open-architecture solutions for data analytics & AI, computer-aided engineering, and high-performance computing (HPC), enable design and optimization for high performance, innovative, and sustainable products and processes in an increasingly connected world.
What You Will Do:
Responsibilities will be to initiate software and consulting business with specified region with current Altair customers in addition to uncovering new business opportunities at sites that currently are not Altair’s customers. This position will report to the Director of Sales, Enterprise Solutions – Americas.
- Manage relationships from the site admin, user and leadership level maintaining customer satisfaction while positioning Altair as a strategic partner
- Employ strategic solution sales methods that include interactions with C-level, executive management and various stakeholders throughout the organizations
- Identify new business opportunities within existing and new accounts
- Understand client/prospect requirements, goals and challenges positioning Altair’s solutions to address them
- Work closely with field technical team to develop and deliver solutions based upon the client/prospect in a timely manner
- Attention to detail and follow-up to internal and external customer inquiries with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrate the value of Altair’s solutions, negotiate and close business
- Work with hardware vendor partners to meet client requirements supporting detailed responses to RFI/RFP’s
What You Will Need:
- 3-5 years of Technical Sales or Service experience
- Proven track record where annual quotas have been met and exceeded
- Previous experience building customer relationships and surpassing their expectations
- Ability to leverage skills and knowledge of people around you
- Work closely with the Enterprise Solution team in addition to cross selling with Altair’s other business units to develop strategic initiatives to meet Altair’s goals
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written and presentation
- Willing to travel (~25% of the time)
- Good business acumen and people judgement