Website Siemens EDA
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- No-cap commission structure allows you to grow your accounts as much as you want…the sky’s the limit!
- Extensive Siemens Smart Infrastructure Service and Product portfolios provide opportunities to expand your customer base.
- Fast ramp-up time with our structured sales development program that provides you with a plan for quickly learning about Siemens products, processes, and people.
- Excellent benefits including medical/dental/vision/life, 401K matching program, medical and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts, flexible time off, and vehicle reimbursement program.
- Work life blend and the flexibility to work from home when needed for a better balance to life.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a dynamic sales professional for our Fire Alarm Solutions (Construction) Sales team. The primary responsibility of this role is to promote Siemens strong market position for delivering smart building technology to help our customers create outstanding experiences for their customers. In this position, you will achieve booking and profit goals by developing and implementing plans to grow, develop, and manage contractor, consultant, authority having jurisdiction, developer, and end-user relationships; capitalize on sales opportunities within the territory; and effectively execute sophisticated deals independently within our established guidelines.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the marketplace, competitor offerings, customers, and decision influencers across the region, segments, and verticals within the region. Keep current on fire and life safety market business and product trends.
- Develop a geographic and vertical market account management plan that focuses on strategic growth. Identify new business opportunities to grow in new markets or adjacent segments and develop “go to market” strategies to drive business to the standard construction channel and the end user customer.
- Develop and maintain a qualified funnel of opportunities. Achieve new order/booking and profit goals. Deliver on forecasted results consistently.
- Collaborate with operations and internal teams to deliver excellent customer outcomes.
- Partner with other sales division teams to plan, target, and acquire new projects and accounts.
- Attend industry-specific networking events; actively participate in professional organizations such as NFPA, ASHE, NBFAA, AFAA, AGC, ABC, NEMA, NECA, etc. to build a network of contacts and to represent Siemens in the market.
- Influence new construction specifications by developing relationships with consulting engineers and architects.
- Work jointly with the multiple levels of the customer’s organization to understand and document their business goals and success metrics.
- Perform customer site surveys to support the development of multi-offering estimates and proposals across a broad fire and life safety portfolio.
- Develop value-based proposals, estimates, specifications, and presentations. Work with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources to obtain the sale.
- Ensure a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and follow through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Maintain relationships with customers to ensure highest satisfaction levels and future business.
- Actively participate in sales department meetings, workshops, and seminars to stay knowledgeable on current market, business, and product trends.
- Travel overnight up to 10% for training and business development.
High School Diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in sales, business development, or consulting within the commercial fire alarm/life safety or similar commercial building/construction industries preferred; candidates with commercial fire alarm industry experience in a similar role such as Project Management or Technician/Specialist, will also be considered
- Experience selling to electrical and general contractors and performing fire alarm design services with electrical/fire protection engineers preferred
- Working knowledge of common fire and life safety systems and equipment
- Familiarity with building and fire alarm codes and standards (IFC, IBC, NFPA, etc.)
- Financial expertise to estimate and sell technical solutions and service product lines effectively and independently preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with Salesforce CRM preferred
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for employer-based sponsorship now or in the future
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
The base pay range for this position is $64300 – $110000 / year and the commission target is in accordance with our Smart Infrastructure/RSS commission plan. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications, and premium geographic location.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.