Reports To: EMEA Distribution Manager / Country Manager
Summary/Objective: The Account Development Specialist (ADS) will make introductions to customers, follow-up on critical early stages of sales development and stay up to date on new technology trends.
The role will be based in the office in Agrate Brianza (Monza); hybrid working may be an option. We can discuss hybrid working during the recruitment process.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Ability to track business using Salesforce, SGN, and other digital tools.
- Ability to identify products and trends in markets.
- Make introductions to customers and begin the account development process.
- Identify and grow emerging accounts.
- Establish and maintain organisational systems and customer follow-up throughout the life of the projects.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customer base.
- Communicate daily with FSEs and sales channel partners for new or developing opportunities.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
Required Experience / Skills:
- Previous experience of working in Customer Service / Inside Sales environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of connector / electronic components is preferred.
- Knowledge of a CRM system (ideally Salesforce) is desired.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) are essential.
- Must be fluent in Italian and English.
- A track record of building and developing strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Exceptional follow-up skills and attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter with a high degree of motivation and can work independently as well as be part of a team.
- Customer visits and travel to other offices may be required from time to time.
- Knowledge of Samtec products would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Very good knowledge in all aspects of Microsoft Office.
- Must be flexible.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Electronics / Engineering; or equivalent related work experience within the industry is required.
- Language skills (Italian / English) required.
- On the job training as appropriate.