Our client in Torrance, CA is looking for a 3D Motion Designer. This is a long-term contract position.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for creating user interfaces and apps for the next generation of vehicles, as well as concepts for the future human machine interfaces on mobility platforms.
- The candidate would join a team of UX Designers, UI Designers, Researchers, Storytellers, and Programmers to create 3D Motion Design.
- The candidate will also work with engineers, researchers, and designers from other departments throughout the organization to support the development of future product concepts.
- The ideal candidate must have a strong passion and ability to be creative both within and without parameters, be able to create inspiring 2D and 3D motion graphics and exhibit a deep attention to detail and passion for simplifying user experiences.
What You Will Need:
- 3-5 years of motion graphic design, 3D design, interaction design, animation, or similar UI-related experience.
- Strong familiarity with user interface patterns for automotive UX/UI and web/mobile/consumer electronics
- Intermediate to expect level in 3D/motion tools such as AfterEffects, Trapocode Suite, Cinema4D, Motion and Maya (Familiarity with – Alias and Catia a plus)
- Ability to manipulate pre-made 3D assets including setting up animations, texture mapping, lighting, keyframes, and motion path.
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in UX/UI software including Axure, Sketch, and Adobe Suite
- A portfolio of work demonstrating relevant experience that shows independently produced original samples.
- BA/BS in Design
- Experience working in a team environment and directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Prior experience working with Industrial Designers
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- Expertise with design, creation, and specification of UI Movement/Motion design (behaviors, transitions, easing).
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Employee discounts
- Free training on all Altair products