Job ID #: 18135
Job Category: Applications Engineering
Employment Type: Graduates
Division: Partner Enablement
Department: Partner Enablement – Engineering
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
Arm’s Partner Enablement Group (PEG) has the charter to ensure success for customers by providing timely, leading-edge knowledge through creative services. The role of the Software Applications Engineer is to provide customer support on Arm architecture, software ecosystem and use of Arm’s development tools. The role requires a mix of broad technical knowledge, analytical skills and customer awareness. As part of your graduate role you will get an opportunity to do rotations in different teams; that will give you a wider exposure to the Arm portfolio and group functions.
What will you be accountable for?
This role involves customer support activities that will take a number of forms. First of all, you will need to be able to analyse complex problems and provide comprehensive responses to customers developing software for Arm-based processors. Such inquiries will come by email, web portal, telephone or face to face meetings.
Second, you will be responsible for helping to improve our products and facilitate our partners to embrace new technology. You will raise defects against development tools and documentation, review documentation and periodically write application notes, example source code and knowledge base articles.
Lastly, you will provide in-depth technical training to customers worldwide. You will have domestic and international travel opportunities.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- You will build on your Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other relevant degree subject
- You have a passion for all aspects of software engineering both within, and outside your degree course
- Experience writing software in assembly and\or C/C++
- Knowledge of microprocessors, as well as an understanding of the interaction between software and hardware at a high-level is required
- Previous work experience within a software environment would be an advantage
- Understanding of multi-core or multi-processor systems is a plus
- Some familiarity with embedded Linux or Android is a desired extra
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work individually and as part of a global team
- Passionate about learning and problem solving
- Dedicated, hardworking and customer empathetic
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.