Job ID #: 18134
Job Category: Applications Engineering
Employment Type: Graduates
Division: Partner Enablement
Department: Partner Enablement – Engineering
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
Arm is looking for an engineer to join our hardware applications engineering team based in Cambridge, UK. Applications Engineers provide the technical support and training to customers worldwide, developing the latest products using Arm CPUs and System IP.
Applications Engineers help Arm’s partners to build the best possible SoC design by helping them to integrate Arm CPUs and System IP.
You will be providing technical guidance on interconnection and configuration aspects, investigating issues, identifying solutions using RTL simulations and effectively communicating your findings. Every day you’ll be faced with a different set of technical challenges on a variety of different products.
While doing this, you will become an expert on Arm-based systems.
Once your knowledge has established, you will have the opportunity to visit customer sites around the world to deliver technical training courses to their engineering teams, whilst also providing reviews and advice on their system designs.
As a graduate, you will also be able to achieve a fuller understanding of Arm’s technology through the graduate rotation program.
Key Technical Skills & Expertise
- BSc Degree or higher qualification in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of HDLs such as Verilog, SystemVerilog or VHDL
- Very good knowledge of CPU architecture principles and SoC design principles
- Ability to use RTL simulation tools for debugging purposes
Desirable Skills & Expertise
- Knowledge of one or more AMBA bus protocols
- Knowledge of the Arm Architecture
- Knowledge of STA and SoC implementation principles
- Provide fast and accurate answers to customer questions about Arm CPU & System IP
- Develop and deliver technical training courses, both onsite and remotely
- Perform onsite customer SoC design reviews using ARM IP and provide functionality and optimisation recommendations
- Work with Arm IP design and product management teams to improve partners experience and influence IP feature development
- Test IP deliverables and provide feedback to design team prior to release to customers
- Create and modify web-based knowledge base articles and application notes
- Develop tools and techniques to aid Application Engineers find solutions more efficiently
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.