Job ID #: 18144
Job Category: Project Management
Employment Type: Graduates
Division: Central Engineering – GPU
Department: Central Engineering – GPU Engineering
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Cambridge
Are you the one that always has a plan? Do your friends look to you to rally everyone towards a common goal? Are you the kind to always have a checklist? Are you the one who planned and executed that last big event at college?
If you thought yes to any of these questions, you may be in luck!
The ARM Media team is looking for a Graduate Project Manager to join their team of Project Managers. The team plans and manages the on time and quality delivery of products that form the heart of a huge number of electronics products around you, including your mobile phone, PC, gaming consoles and TV.
Effective project management is central to successful delivery within Media and the role of the Graduate Project Manager is to support the Project Management team. Our ideal candidate will have the drive to get things done and be someone who can network, multi-task and communicate effectively to get results. Ideally you will be able to demonstrate a passion for technology and a desire to develop a career in project management. Previous experience of project management is not essential. You will be working with multiple Project Managers delivering products that are developed across multiple company locations and time zones.
We value our graduates and take every effort to help you move closer to your career goals. During this assignment, you will gain valuable skills in communication, project management fundamentals and a deeper understanding of how things really get done in a world class technology company. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have a great opportunity to network with other graduates and professionals in various roles around Arm while growing and developing your skills.
- Assist Project managers with monthly metrics & trends for project dashboards
- Assist project management with planning, status reporting, stakeholder management and risk analysis
- Help with Timesheet tracking and reporting, for teams and groups.
- Liaise with the Project Management Office to improve reports
- Facilitate projects with compliance to the organisation’s identified health-check criteria
The role is UK based, at the company’s Cambridge headquarters.
Location – Cambridge – UK
Salary – Competitive
A university degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering or Project Management background is desired, although other degrees would be considered if there is relevant experience.
Essential skills & experience
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proven either during university or in personal life
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Problem solving, and analytical thinking
- A good listener, able to interpret and play back people’s requirements.
- Highly driven and able to work individually and as part of a team.
Desirable (but not essential) skills & experience
- Technical background, either through formal training or as hobbyist
- An understanding of hardware / software design
- Experience with tools such as JIRA and Confluence would be a bonus
- Familiarity with project management tools e.g. Microsoft Project
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.