Perforce develops DevOps tools that improve software quality and security as well as team productivity for several of the world’s leading companies, such as PIXAR, CD Projekt Red, NASA, Verizon, Honda, and NVIDIA.
Puppet by Perforce is looking for a Technical Solutions Engineer to join our America’s Pre-Sales Engineering team and work alongside the best DevOps technical teams in the industry. The Technical Solutions Engineer position is both a technical and sales-related role where you will play a critical role in partnering with your aligned sales account manager(s) to close opportunities within your sales region. You will be required to engage throughout the sales lifecycle from discovering the customer’s needs, writing proposals, solution demonstration, scope professional services, build key customer relationships and where necessary leading proof of concept projects to close technical part of the sales.
- Own the solution consultant activities within the sales process to gain the technical win and build customers’ trust.
- Assist the aligned account team to qualify opportunities by understanding customer needs and challenges
- Provide customer presentations on Puppet technologies
- Provide customer demonstrations on Puppet technologies
- Scope/deliver Proof of Concepts and write success criteria documents
- Write sales solution proposals including high-level solutions and professional services
- Scope professional services and training requirements in written SOW
- Own the Technical response to RFIs/RFPs
- Retain a competent level of knowledge and technical hands-on experience across Puppet’s products, solutions and sales proposition
- Participate in sales planning, QBRs, strategic initiatives that create a pipeline, upsell the account and drive competitive displacements.
- Play a proactive “Technical Account Management” role within your target accounts including building a trusted relationship, retaining an understanding of the customers and contributing to business development activities
- Update and maintain the technical SE activities within Salesforce system
- 3+ years proven experience in Presales/Systems Engineering position
- Experience in engaging with executive stakeholders, solution architects, and extended program teams
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt messaging to varying stakeholder levels
- Proven experience in designing and implementing solutions with the Puppet technology or similar technology platform
- Experience with the Configuration Management, CI/CD practices and toolsets, DevOps and DevSecOps practices
- Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to the Puppet solutions including:
- Programming skills – Ideal but not essential (Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Unix &/or Linux SysAdmin or DevOps background, including automation
- Windows systems administration experience, including Microsoft PowerShell
- Large scale infrastructure automation experience in on-premises and cloud environments
- Deep knowledge of Infrastructure across the stack from OS, storage, networking and the application stack. Delivery of infrastructure across Virtual platforms and cloud environments.
- Experience with some of the following technologies
- git-based version control
- Automated testing (RSpec, serverspec, beaker, or others)
- Containers and related frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes, or others)
- Public and Private Clouds (AWS, Azure, Openstack, VMware)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo, or others)
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.perforce.com.