TSMC’s Internal Audit function is an independent unit that reports directly to the Board of Directors. Besides informing the Board during its ordinary meetings, it briefs the Chairman, the Board Audit Committee, and the Operating Committee on a quarterly and on an as-needed basis.
The charter of Internal Audit is to review the internal controls in the company’s processes and to report on those controls with respect to the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of their design as well as their actual functioning on a day-to-day basis. All parts of the company and its subsidiaries are open for review by Internal Audit.
- Lead, or participate in as a member, the audit project throughout the entire project cycle from risk assessment to final audit finding communication as well as periodic follow-up on improvement status, if any.
- Lead, or participate in as a member, the organizational capability establishment activities, including data analytics and application, risk universe update, enriching the depth and breadth of each transaction cycle, drafting reusable audit procedures, training materials development.
- Facilitate cross-functional internal control enhancement project if/when appropriate
- Conduct training related to internal control, risk assessment, etc.
- Coordinate company-wide activities, such as annual Control Self-Assessment, streamlining policy/procedure/SOP, internal control maturity assessment, and Internal Control Champion (ICC) program.
- Special assignments whenever needed.
- The candidate is expected to:
- Uphold high standards of integrity, objectivity, and fairness, to build and maintain stakeholders’ (auditee, management, Board, etc.) trust and confidence via mature and professional manner
- Possess an analytical, logical, business-oriented mindset, allowing to link cause and effect within and across the boundaries of multiple functions, and to develop insights
- Have in-depth understanding or hands-on experience in more than one of the major transaction cycles, such as purchase-to-payment, treasury, reporting, etc.; Be familiar with internal control framework, risk assessment, and executive briefing.
- Be effective in interpersonal skills, change management, and conflict resolution
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Accounting/Finance
- Professional certificates, such as CPA, CIA, CISSP, CISA and/or CFE is a plus.
- Advanced degree from an English-speaking country is a plus.
- Proficient written/verbal communication skills in English from shopfloor to the board level is a plus
- Familiar with Japanese in writing/verbal communication is a plus
- 8+ years of work experience, including minimum 5 years in big 4 CPA firms
- Have work experiences in the semiconductor industry is a plus.
- The intellectual capacity to master new subject domains and climb steep learning curve on a continuous basis
- Drive, diligence, endurance, and tenacity for impactful business results.
- Good project management skills; ability to lead, facilitate, and follow in a strong teamwork environment; sound judgment when facing ambiguity
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit tsmc.taleo.net.