Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate based on any characteristic.
The Arm Open-Source Software (OSS) group develops and improves the software eco-system centered around Arm’s next generations of processor technology. We enable our partners to build software on Arm IP-based systems. We develop and upstream to open-source projects, providing reference implementations and optimizations to key software system components. We also produce validated software stacks for Arm IP-based reference platforms targeted at a variety of use cases.
We are looking for a highly capable Staff or SeniorSoftwareEmbedded Test Engineer – SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test), to join the software quality effort within our development teams.
You will help to build automated test solutions to deliver production quality software together with established teams working on open-source software stack for embedded devices. You will be able to provide recommendations based on research and investigation of appropriate tooling options for different types of testing and provide inputs on CI design and setup.
Familiar with test automation at a DevOps level and understanding general testing principles is important.
Collaborating with colleagues across the company, you will focus on the approach to testing from a system validation perspective. You will guide the wider team through ongoing refinement of Agile processes, drive the test strategy and adopt new tools and techniques. Your role is essential for maintaining high levels of quality in work products!
Are you looking for interesting new opportunities working with a successful QA team? We would like to hear from you.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proficient in C or C++
- Proficient in Python and Bash scripting languages – Knows how to write performance test scripts
- Designing and validating Test Automation Frameworks
- Test reporting tools, test management tools, CI frameworks
- Knowledge of Android testing tools, performance testing tools & security testing tools
- You will exhibit an understanding of how to rigorously test software using various techniques
- Have interest in open-source development practices
- Basic understanding of computer architecture, micro-architecture concepts and assembly language – ideally for the Arm architecture and it’s ecosystem.
- You are engaging, with a desire to help other team members.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience with Power Management module
- Experience in Security Architecture
- Knowledgeable (ideally practitioner) in Gitlab
- Exposure to static and dynamic code analysis tools
- Developed Integration tests, and understand their purpose
- Exposure to TDD / BDD
- Familiar with Jinja, Groovy scripting
- You are familiar with various software development lifecycle methods including Agile
- Security testing for embedded systems and the Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL).
- Ability to identify performance issues at assembly or hardware level
- Experience with performance analysis of sophisticated workloads, especially on Arm platforms
- Experience with open-source working practices and community open-source test tools
- We value familiarity with open-source project development cycles and contribution processes.
- Knowledge of JIT compilers, ChromeOS, or Linux kernel
- Proven experience in Aerospace, Automotive, Semiconductors or similar domains
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.