Date: Apr 21, 2020
Location: Weimar, DE, 99423
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Testing Engineer is responsible to ensure product requirements and quality standards of the ANSYS optiSLang software tools are satisfied as per company’s quality procedures. Helps to assess how well the product will meet customer needs both in terms of functionality and usability. Develops and applies customized test procedures for the organization’s products. Works closely with other members of the product creation team and communicates with technical support specialists on product issues. The Testing engineer will be making contribution to the business in a specific area of testing.
- Performs software product testing and investigates possible causes of problems according to the company’s overall development and testing processes.
- Helps to analyze requirements and develops tests suitable for new features within the appropriate environment.
- Specifies and writes test plans. Creates, updates, and modifies existing tests as necessary.
- Performs functional, application, regression, and performance tests in a manual and/or automated test environment.
- Detects and writes software defect reports and enhancement requests.
- Understands and reproduces product defects and works with developers to determine the best resolution.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of testing initiatives.
- Works in various computing environments: Windows, Linux, VM’s, Compute Clusters, Cloud
- Maintains customer trust by testing products that represent the voice of the customer
- Performs other duties as assigned to improve the overall quality of ANSYS products
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Mechanical, Civil, or Aerospace Engineering or other engineering discipline
- 12 months experience in software testing or applied software development
- A thorough and careful approach to work; close attention to detail and quality
- Ability to establish good working relationships with development, testing, software quality assurance and support staff
- General skills in planning and problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Thrives in a fast paced, diverse and dynamic team
- Familiarity with computer-aided software engineering tools and the associated engineering principles
- Strong computing skills with demonstrated knowledge of applicable operating systems and programming/scripting languages
- A genuine passion for testing and quality assurance
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Mechanical, Civil, or Aerospace Engineering or other engineering discipline
- Familiarity with system simulation tools, such as ANSYS Twin Builder, MATLAB Simulink
- Strong programming skills in C++, Python and MATLAB
- Familiarity with ANSYS software products
- Experience with Windows, Linux, VM’s, Compute Clusters is preferred
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.