Our UK design centres in Cambridge and Bristol were set up in early 2022 to develop high performance, low power embedded and application CPU cores from scratch. We are embarking on clean-sheet designs, and need people who can establish high quality working practices as they explore new ground. These projects are highly complex, with usually one person being responsible for owning a portion of the design, and using a variety of methods to verify it.
We’re looking for Senior and Principal Verification Engineers to join us either in our Cambridge or Bristol office. You’ll interact and collaborate with other engineers from a range of disciplines across Europe as part of an international team to find solutions. We hire really bright, highly motivated self-starters who enjoy working on something revolutionary in an innovative company.
What you’ll do
- Verify RISC-V processors and extensions
- Develop verification solutions (e.g. test benches and test bench components, stimulus generation, formal environments)
- Define, estimate and track your own work, being responsible for the delivery of all verification activities related to a component or subsystem from start to finish
- Review technical specifications, providing feedback from a verification perspective
- Define detailed verification plans for high performance RISC-V CPU IP
- Run simulations, hunt bugs and complete root cause analysis of complex issues
- Track and report verification metrics
- Craft automated verification flows
What we need
- Significant commercial experience with a variety of functional processor verification methodologies as applied to CPU or other ASIC verification (simulators, coverage collection, gate level simulation etc…)
- Knowledge of verifying CPU architectures or other complex IP (GPUs, NNAs)
- Fluency and the ability to write clear and concise code in languages like SystemVerilog, Python, C++, Rust, or Go
- Past ownership of a block of the design
- Analytical thinking, self-sufficiency and team collaboration skills
- Ability to work across teams to debug issues and find root causes
- User knowledge of Linux to enable automation of common tasks
- Knowledge of versioning tools (Git, SVN)
What we’d love you to have
- Knowledge of RISC-V Architecture
- Good knowledge of computer systems and architecture
- Experience with formal verification or other more advanced verification techniques.
- Experience with (or interest in) guiding, mentoring or coaching engineers
What’s in it for you?
Joining Codasip’s founding UK team is a chance to challenge yourself to work on complicated projects and structure how we do verification. The best candidates for us are decisive, proactive, comfortable with ambiguity, opinionated yet collaborative and passionate about continuous improvement as we scale up and disrupt the semiconductor industry.
Please note this position can be based in either our Cambridge or Bristol offices. It is a hybrid role where you will be expected to be in the office a few days per week, with flexible work from home options available
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit apply.workable.com.