The Senior Application Engineer is responsible for providing world-class assistance to customers in the usage of Totem, as well as for leveraging knowledge and relationships to assist in growing our software business in line with the corporate vision and performance expectations. Apply knowledge and experience in the areas of ESD, RF/Analog, embedded memory/IP and high-speed interface design with various CAD tools to solve problems.
- Product Support/Customer Training:
- Support and train customers promptly and effectively in order to improve our customers’ productivity and satisfaction with Semiconductor Business Unit simulation products
- Independently providing and coordinating support for multiple designs for assigned customers through tape-out and to verify that these designs are clean within customer expectations
- Apply knowledge in the areas of analog circuit analysis, High-performance VLSI design, Power-grid extraction, Noise analysis, Voltage drop effects, or ESD with various CAD tools to solve problems in complex System-on-Chip (SoC).
- Key Customer Development: Consistently improve our understanding of customers’ workflow and technical needs and communicate new opportunities and risks to Sales; proactively work to grow the software usage by demonstrating new solutions
- Sales Assistance: Collaborate with Sales in order to grow sales volume in existing markets
- Product Development Assistance: Collaborate with Product Development as needed to improve software products and the customers’ experience using these products
- Minimum BSEE with a minimum of 3 years of experience or MSEE
- Custom circuit analysis & design, physical layout and noise analysis, voltage drop effects, or ESD with CAD tools
- Strong technical knowledge related to EDA tools on layout, Extraction-SPEF/DSPFanalog circuit design
- Ability to develop utilities for troubleshooting and debugging problems utilizing knowledge of the UNIX operating systems and proficiency in scripting using Perl, Tcl or Python.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s in electrical engineering preferred
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Strong problem-solving skills
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.