Website Dassault Systemes
As part of the Americas Revenue Team, you will ensure appropriate revenue recognition treatment for sales transactions in accordance with IFRS. The Revenue Recognition Technical Accountant helps structure deals to maximize revenue recognition while working in the framework of external and internal revenue recognition guidance. The position will also review and summarize completed deals. As a team member, you will assist in the processing of the revenue and preparing and reviewing adjustments to the general ledger. You will also work with internal customers to resolve revenue-related inquiries. Additionally, you will assist in facilitating the improvement of current processes and policies.
This position can be located in any of our DS offices in the United States.
Do you want to be inspired and enjoy coming to work? At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and create the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
Shape your career with3DS! #WeAre3DS
What Will Your Role Be?
- Ensure revenue recognition accounting compliance with Group and International Financial Reporting revenue recognition principles
- Alert Group to all significant accounting topics and areas where the significant judgment was necessary
- Work as a subject matter expert with other Business Administration teams, legal and sales to achieve the desired management revenue recognition patterns from a customer negotiation
- Communicate effectively and timely with business partners and internal customers on the impact of proposed customer deal structures prior to deal signature
- Monitor and analyze all new accounting rules related to revenue recognition
- Advise and assist sales and other organizations with revenue recognition topics
- Promote and educate on revenue recognition principles as appropriate
Your Challenges Ahead
- Advising sales, legal and other business administration teams on how to achieve desired management financial outcomes from customer contracts
- Ensuring consistency of conclusions reached for transactions
Your Key Success Factors
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of IFRS 15 / Topic 606
- 1-2 years of software industry accounting experience
- Must be detail-oriented with an ability to work independently
- Demonstrated strong accounting skills
- Self-motivated team player with an ability to demonstrate initiative in problem-solving
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines and tight quarter-end deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong communication and organization skills
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.3ds.com.