Ansys empowers the world’s most innovative companies to design and deliver transformational products by offering the best and broadest engineering simulation software to solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. As an engineer at Ansys, you will help develop our industry-leading simulation software and work on a variety of impactful projects to help maintain, advance, and accelerate Ansys products.
The R&D Verification Engineer II joins the Electronics, Systems, and Optics Business Unit to conduct software testing of Ansys applications such as SIwave and Q3D Extractor. This role assesses how well the product meets customer needs both in terms of functionality and usability and ensures that product requirements and quality standards are satisfied. The role works closely with other members of the product development, application engineering, and other technical specialists and subject matter experts on product features and issues
- Define testing strategy and plans, create new tests and update existing ones, and write and maintain test scripts and applications.
- Perform functional, application, regression, and performance testing in manual and/or automated test environments and investigate causes of problems.
- Create test plans, participate in bug management and testing metrics.
- Apply standard techniques and procedures and comply with the company’s overall development and testing processes.
- Work in a variety of computing environments such as Windows, Linux, Virtual Machines, Compute Clusters, Cloud, etc.
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical degree with 2 years of experience, or MS with no experience.
- Technical knowledge and experience with Signal Integrity, Microwave-RF, High-Frequency principles and applications (e.g. Transmission Lines, PCBs, Packages, ICs, Touchpanels, etc.)
- Familiarity with using electro-magnetic simulation tools, such as Ansys SIwave, HFSS, HFSS 3D, Q3D Extractor, Icepak or analogous tools by other companies.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python and/or PERL
- Familiarity with any EDA/CAE applications
- Experience in a large-scale commercial software testing and verification environment
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of programming using scripting languages like Python or Perl
- Experience with using Linux
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.