-Conduct research in the field of system technology modeling
-Support the logic device and memory device technology research teams and AI hardware research team
– Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan or San Jose, California, USA
Example research topics:
3D Integrated Circuits (3D IC):
1. Developing framework (models and methodology) to evaluate 3D IC performances (including electrical/RC, thermal/self-heating and mechanical strain effects).
2.Design enablement (e.g. PDK) for different 3D IC schemes (e.g. heterogeneous, monolithic, BEOL, etc.)
3.Exploration of novel technology components for 3D integration (e.g. intra-die/chip interconnect, BEOL switches and memories)
Design-technology co-optimization (DTCO) for Emerging Memories:
1.Developing physics-based models for emerging memory technology (e.g. Phase-change, Resistive, Magnetic RAMs)
2.Design enablement (e.g. PDK) for embedded or high-density stand-alone emerging memory arrays.
1. Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
2. Hands-on experience and knowledge in the following areas:
(1) Good understanding of emerging memory devices,
(2) Good background on emerging AI hardware concepts such as in-memory computing,
(3) Good scripting language skills (Python, Matlab, C/C++ or equivalent).
3. Excellent English written and verbal communication skills. Prior experience interacting with international researchers and professors highly preferred.
4. Strong technical problem-solving and analytical skills.
5. Good teamwork skills.
6. Self-driven and pro-active.
7. Good semiconductor device and IC design knowledge.
8. Proficient programming skills (e.g. Python, C/C++, etc.) and use of TCAD tools.
Primary Location: Taiwan-Hsinchu
Job Posting Date: Mar 2, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit tsmc.taleo.net.