Alphawave IP builds industry-leading wired connectivity solutions that enable data to travel faster, more reliably, and with higher performance at lower power. Our technology is embedded in leading-edge semiconductors built to power global network and computer systems. It is an essential part of the core infrastructure enabling next generation services in data centres, artificial intelligence, 5G wireless infrastructure, data networking, autonomous vehicles, and solid-state storage.
We’re looking for the dreamweavers of tomorrow.
As an Alphawave Principal Solution Engineer within the IP Solutions organization, you are responsible for partnering with our most valuable customers to design complex IP subsystems utilizing Alphawave bleeding edge IP. In this role, you will oversee all aspects of the Alphawave IP product line during engagements with our customers. This includes pre-sale customer requirements, industry standard trends and customization. You will engage with R&D team and marketing team to draft IP specification and requirements to satisfy our customer applications and improve the IP integration experience. You will also be required to solve complex Subsystem usage and track implementation issues during execution.
What You’ll Do
- Directing Technical Communication to customers during the SoC lifecycle, working directly with Customer architect, SoC leads
- Implementation of complex IP subsystems including the design additional blocks as necessary to meet customer specific requirements
- Responsible for contributing to the authoring of the associated Subsystem documentation such as user guides, application notes and white papers that promote the Subsystems’ ease of use, or address specific challenges in its implementation
- You will have regular contact with external customers and internal cross-functional teams
- Participate in design specification, verification plan, code, and coverage reviews
- Proactively engaging with customers during SoC integration, debug designs in simulation, emulation, and silicon debug
- Act as Alphawave Customer Success Sponsor
- Occasional travel will be required
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in ASIC/SoC design including RTL coding in Verilog, logic and clock tree synthesis, static timing analysis, equivalence checking, design validation
- Full understanding of SoC design methodologies and tools
- Domain knowledge of the following interface protocols:
- PCI Express – Gen2, Gen3, Gen4, Gen5, Gen6
- Ethernet Physical Layer and Fiber Channel applications and standards
- Die-to-Die Interfaces
- Ability to build technical leadership through influence and drive a heterogeneous team toward common goals
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- Have experienced multiple ASIC/SoC tape-outs from concept to full production
- General knowledge of different modulations formats (PAM, NRZ) and optical transceivers are high desirable
- Extremely detail oriented
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer focused attitude
- Drives for consistency
- Takes personal pride in high standard of outputs
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Able to adapt to fast moving, changing environment
Diversity & Inclusivity
Alphawave IP is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Alphawave IP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Alphawave IP will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.awaveip.com.