We are looking for an experienced board designer to join Arm’s Hardware Platform team. The team is based in Cambridge, UK, working at the forefront of embedded design focusing on prototyping Arm’s latest IP products.
We develop physical hardware development platforms, based around Arm’s custom system-on-chip (SoC) and FPGAs.
The platforms are used for software development and validation activities for both our external partners/customers and our internal development teams.
Do you aspire to:
Extend you board level design expertise, producing high quality PCB designs incorporating Arm IP and be challenged and work with advancing technologies
Gain a deeper understanding of system architecture and performance
Work alongside many other teams including software, SoC implementation and verification engineers and designers
Then we have the ideal role!
What will I be accountable for?
The specification, development, and commissioning of new hardware platforms. Driving the PCB development, including schematics and PCB layout and commissioning. This will also include collaborating with our CEM, proactively providing manufacturing support. Working closely with the program team, competency in planning and scheduling tasks, to meet project timescales, is also required.
Essential Skills & Qualities
- High speed design experience, able to demonstrate knowledge of PCB stack-ups and topologies
- Detailed knowledge of embedded system board design, designing with complex LSI devices such as FPGAs, demonstrating an understanding of various high speed IO interface standards such as PCIe and DDR
- A broad knowledge of EDA tools for schematic entry PCB layout and signal integrity analysis
- Embedded software knowledge to test and debug the design with a creative and structured approach to problem-solving
- Excellent communications & interpersonal skills with a desire for learning and self-improvement
- Excellent written and spoken English; ability to write coherent documentation
Desirable Skills and Qualities
The following skills are not essential for this role, but experience in any of the following areas would enhance the application:
- Experience in using Cadence CIS, Mentor PADs Layout and Hyperlynx tools
- RTL skills in Verilog or VHDL
- Use of a UNIX environment and shell programming/scripting in e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc
- Programming languages such as: assembly language (ideally Arm assembler), higher-level (e.g. C), object orientated (e.g. C++)
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.